This guide will teach you how to select expired & terminated listings in AUTOPROP, load relevant information on them for the purposes of prospecting and finally, save the information to a database for your perusal!
Don't have Excel? Use Google Sheets instead, here's the guide: Expired Listings Workflow in Google Sheets
Choose a region you're interested in prospecting for expired or terminated listings and select a random centrally located property by right clicking (two fingers at once on an iMac).
Click on the 'Full Report' button of your selected property.
At this stage, we are only interested in loading a Paragon Residential Comparables search in our full report. Click on the green 'Adjust Report Contents' button and de-select all other data sources in the report.
4. Next, we will run a search under Paragon Residential Comparables for Expired, Terminated, Active and Sold listings. You can enter in a date range (for example, 9 months back for list date and 3 months back for sold date.) Adjust your search radius to the appropriate size (2-10km) and choose the property types that you would like to prospect. Bear in mind that you are going to get a fairly large selection of listings in your Paragon Residential Comparables datasource, so give it some time to load.
5. Once the listings have plotted on the map, click on the 'Export Table to .CSV' tab. Open the exported spreadsheet from your downloads tab on Google Chrome.
Next up, we need to sort and filter our spreadsheet of listings in Excel in order to identify the terminated and expired listings that have not been relisted or sold. We can do this by highlighting duplicate PIDs
Click on the PID column header (should say 'A') then click 'Conditional Formatting' under the 'Home' tab. Click 'Highlight Cell Rules' and choose the 'Duplicate Values' option.
2. Click ok on the duplicate message box that pops up and any duplicate PIDs will be highlighted in column 'A'.
3. Next, we will custom sort the list of PIDs to organize the spreadsheet in order for us to quickly copy the terminated & expired listings that haven't since relisted. Click on the tile in the top left corner of your Excel document to highlight all cells.
4. Once all cells are highlighted, click on the 'Sort & Filter' tab and select "Filter".
We're nearly there!
You now want to isolate just the expired listings and then remove the duplicates that have relisted or sold since expiry.
Click the filtering arrow to the right of the status header
Turn off active and sold listings. This gives us just expired listings.
3. Highlight the PID column by hitting the PID header, navigate to the "Data" menu and then hit "Remove all Duplicates". When the remove dialogue box pops up hit "Deselect All" then just check "PID".
Lastly, copy the PIDs in the PID column, paste the PIDs into the 'Manual PID Entry' button on AUTOPROP and click search.
All of the Expired and Terminated listings that have not re-listed or sold will now be highlighted on the map. At this point, you can open the Properties Menu and load relevant data (such as Sales History, Assessment Values, etc.) on the selected PIDs. You can export your spreadsheet of data and voila! You now have an expired/terminated listings database that you can successfully market to via cold calling or your branded AUTOPROP property reports!
For instructions on how to access the Properties Menu, review this guide: https://help.autoprop.ca/autoprop-guides/creating-a-neighbourhood-database